More Dense Barcodes
- 30 characters in the bar code (www.nationalband.com/laser.htm).
- The smallest codes cannot be read using a smart phone because the bar code is too dense.
A dense bar code is more difficult to read especially with a low quality imager such as a smart phone app.
To change your link to a less dense bar code, follow these steps:
- Copy your link
- Go to https://bitly.com/
- Paste your link in the box at the top right to shorten
- Copy the new link, paste in your file to replace long link
Need to have editable info on your barcoded tag?
Many people need to keep a single barcode on a particular tag and application, but need the ability to edit the information returned when the barcode is scanned. If that’s you, here’s a solution using webpages!
- Setup a website on your domain (ie: www.nationalband.com)
- Create pages for each tag you want barcoded (ie: Tag 1 Barcode = www.nationalband.com/tag-1)
- Add your data/info to the webpage (ie: “Specs for Machine A: xxxx” on www.nationalband.com/tag-1)
- Edit your info as needed, but always use the same webpage for that particular machine and tag
- Repeat for each additional tag/machine (ie: Tag 2 Barcode = www.nationalband.com/tag-2 = “Specs for Machine B: xxxx”)