For chickens, ducks, quail, pheasants, peafowl, turkeys and more, the correct type of id band can make all the difference when it comes time to sell or breed your birds. Identification is helpful for multiple reasons including, but not limited to:
- Keeping track of the number of birds you have
- Helping lost or stolen birds be returned to the proper owner
- Tracking pedigree
- Tracing generations
- Recording when birds were born and keeping track of the ages of your flock
- Meeting requirements for shows/competitions
- Tracking migration patterns
- And more!
There are multiple types of identification such as wing bands and leg bands available to meet your needs, from color coding, blank bands, custom stamped bands, numbered bands, stamped sequential numbering or even laser etched barcodes.
Example: you could use a different color every year to track age, barcodes to track pedigree, or sequential numbering to track the number of birds you have.
Not sure where to get started? Learn more about What Type of Poultry Identification Is Best for You